Monday, April 6, 2009

Burrito Review! Baja Fresh black bean and cheese burrito with rice and beans!

That's right! Content! Finally! Baja Fresh black bean and cheese burrito with guacamole and rice!

This sizable foodwrap cost me $3.95, with fifty cents for guacamole and rice. The burrito is pretty large, and the outer layer of the tortilla flakes off deliciously. Inside, the beans and rice are fantastic together. The guacamole was good, but not amazing.

I'm actually writing this a few days after I ate the burrito. Looking now at my notes, and the pictures I took, I find myself wishing for that burrito again. I am so hungry right now. Yesterday, and the day before, all I ate was a potato, fried up with half an onion and half a bell pepper. It was tasty as hell, yeah, but one meal a day is rough. Today, I had a donut. A good donut, but hardly enough food for a day. Now I feel guilty about some little Ugandan kid, starving to death while I feel kinda hungry for a couple days. I can just see him looking at me, over his big, distended belly, shaming me with his eyes.

I was listening to a audiobook of The Secret recently, and I'm a little confused. If I get this correctly, if you want something bad enough, you'll get it. So, I'm hungry now, and I really want some food. Problem is, I don't have any money. I'm in no danger of starving, of course. I'll get paid in a couple days, and have all the food I want. So, apparently, I want food enough that eventually, the universe gives it to me. So what about the little starving kid in Uganda? You know, the adorable one, with the distended belly? Is the problem that he doesn't want food enough? I can't imagine he doesn't want food more than the fat little doucheling throwing a fit in McDonalds because he got the wrong toy in his Happy Meal. Also, what happens if I want something that you also want? Does it turn into some kind of Want-Off?

The burrito comes with fantastic tortilla chips, which are unlimited if you eat at the resturaunt. Unlimited free chips is always a huge plus, especially when they aren't shitty. These chips are in no way shitty, rest assured. The selection of salsas is varied enough that anyone should be able to find something they like.
I'm particularly fond of the green one, which I didn't take a closeup of, but you can totally see in the picture at the top. It's the little cup that has salsa in it. Green salsa.

There was a bit in the middle where the cheese wasn't really melted. This was kinda lame, but not bad-tasting. The burrito also had a bit of an issue with ingredient segregation. Everything seemed kinda separate. Occasionally, you'd get a bite with just beans, or just rice.


I heard Ann Coulter on some podcast today. I'm not sure why she gets all the credit she does. Is it because she's hot? She looks too sticky, to me. Not sticky like an adhesive, but like a stick. I heard her actually use "Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't listening" (followed by that cuntface laugh) as a reply, and everyone acted like that wasn't bullshit. That's not a real counter-argument at all. It's not even clever.


As for my overall impression of the burrito, I'd say "Fuck yes."
The price was fair, the burrito was big and delicious, the chips were awesome and plentiful. I suggest you try this burrito right now. Or next time you're at Baja Fresh. That would be way more practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment