Monday, June 15, 2009

Taco Del Mar... something or other burrito... I lost the receipt.


So, it was really hot, and I had been walking all day. I'm guessing it fell out of the pocket of my overshirt when I took it off, but I have no real way of knowing. What matters here, is that however it happened, I lost the receipt. So, I have no idea what it's called, but I got some kind of combo, with a burrito, a soda, and chips for seven dollars and some cents. I don't remember how many. Professional.

It's a mission style burrito, so the tortilla (in this case, a pretty good spinach tortilla) is steamed on that press-thing they use. I had lettuce, tomatoes, rice, beans, guacamole, and some grilled peppers and onions on it, and I was very pleased. The vegetables were all fresh, though there was a bit more lettuce than I'd like. Much like unmelted cheese, excessive lettuce is becoming an epidemic.

I've been hearing more and more about this 2012 business all the time. I don't see how an ancient calendar ending is such a huge deal. We only make our calendars a year or so in advance, so I'd just assume the Myans got to around 2012 and figured they could take a break for a few thousand years. And really, if you honestly believe the world is gonna end in three years, why do you go to work? I would plot out a three year plan to not work at all and accumulate as much debt as possible, all from the top of a giant pile of drugs and hookers. Why not? The world is ending, might as well get the most out of it.

Included in the meal is a decent heap of chips. They're nothing special, but they get the job done. The salsa is in the same boat; it's not outstanding, but it doesn't suck. I guess I'd be happier about the chips if I didn't have to pay extra for them. At other places, I've gotten better chips and salsa just for showing up. Again, they aren't bad, just not worth extra money.

I was listening to Bill O'Reilly today. I think he spends twice as much time talking about how awesome his coverage is than he does actually covering shit. I understand that he thinks the mainstream media is too liberal... I'm not even gonna disagree. I just don't think it's fair to call what he's doing objective. He often refers to the people who agree with him as "Clear-Thinking Americans", and those who disagree as "looneys". That's not objective. I'm not saying he has to be objective, at all. You can have a conservative news station, that's totally alright. Just don't lie to me and tell me it's Fair and Balanced.

The guts of this burrito are fairly solid. There's a good mix of everything in it, and the vegetables are grilled well. For the price, it's a decent deal. Not amazing, by any means, but decent. This is and odd burrito for sure. I worry that my review makes it seem medicore, or maybe on the good side of mediocrity. That's not really fair. It's really on the mediocre side of goodness. The foil wrapped around it serves to hold the whole thing together, and does a fantastic job of doing so. This needed to be stated somewhere in the review, so I put it here.

I like finding small things of value to me that I've misplaced and forgotten. For example; money, pocket knives, pot, fancy pens, and special rocks. It's like stealing from your past self.

There's so little more I can really say about this burrito. It's not great, it's not terrible. If you're at a Taco Del Mar, and you don't know what to order, you could order this. At least, you could if I hadn't lost the reciept.

1 comment:

  1. Burrito Enthusiast is super professional! Word on the street is, you've even got a logo in the works.

    I'm going to recommend that you start asking for light lettuce on your burritos. Having never ordered a burrito with lettuce in it, I don't know how well this will work...but it MIGHT work. Try it.

    I might have already told you this, but my aunt Janet once accidentally sent an e-mail about her upcoming Bunco gathering to everyone in her address book, including Bill O'Reilly. (I don't know why he was in her e-mail address book.) So, Janet Steele has invited Bill O'Reilly to Bunco. He didn't show up.

    P.S. If I understood what Google Friend Connect was, I would "follow" your blog.

    ReplyDelete