Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Breakfast Burrito my little brother made a few minutes ago

So, my little brother Ivan made some breakfast burritos, and I figured I might as well review that shit. It's a flour tortilla, wrapped around eggs, potatoes, cheese, and salsa. Not a lot to it, but really damn good. Also, free, which is awesome. The location is superb, as it happens to be several feet from the couch I slept on last night. Can't really get more convenient than that.

Ivan, while the youngest, has been the biggest for quite a while. Once, my sister called him a baby, and he broke her nose with a plastic watergun. Another time, I pissed him off somehow (I don't recall what I did or said, but it was probably meant to piss him off) and he stabbed me in the shoulder with a corn-on-the-cob holder. He once mistook a big pile of dirt for the Matterhorn.

The burrito really is fantastic. The potatoes (Thinly sliced Baby Reds) are perfect. The eggs are scrambled-ish. This is really Ivan's specialty. As a kid, it was pretty much the only thing he knew how to make on his own, so he ate scrambled eggs all the damn time. It was pretty much scambled eggs or tuna sandwiches, for years. This burrito is a nice change of pace. The cheese is melty as Hell, which is great, because I've been noticing a bit of an epidemic of unmleted cheese in Mexican food lately. Something should be done about this.

Ivan got a facebook account last night. He was quite resistant to the idea before, but our sister made one for him, and he's been taking little tests all morning. He seriously just said "Oh Hell yeah, I'm Hitler!" after taking some test. I didn't ask which test it was.

I'm really impressed by the breakfast burrito. There's so little involved, but it's tasty as Hell. I threw a little La Victoria green hot sauce in that bitch, and made it even better. Now that I'm done eating, I think a little fresh pepper would've been nice. perhaps next time.

1 comment:

  1. As interesting as this burrito is, I think it is time for a new tortilla wrapped food to occupy the top space of this page.

    ReplyDelete